Re: ash vs. bash

I have been following this thread a while and have changed the
link /bin/sh to /bin/ash.

I really enjoy Bash but I do write scripts and sometimes these
scripts are moved to other UNIX computers. Guess what happens?
My Bourne shell scripts doesn't work because I seem to get the
habbit of introducing Bashism into my scripts. This is sometimes
very embarassing.

The stricter ash seems to the way to go at least for me. I know
that bash is a holy cow but it doesn't help in fostering Bourne
shell compatibility in scripts.

//Gunnar Isaksson