Re: [Vincent Janelle <malokai@gildea.net>] New mp3 encoder

Ben Armstrong <synrg@sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca> wrote:

> Of course, it is non-free ... I quote from the FAQ:
>
>    Will you release the sourcecode for BladeEnc?
>
>    No I won't. The reason for this is that I want to make sure that every
>    compiled version of BladeEnc generates the same high quality
>    mp3-files. If I release the sourcecode anyone can compile it and I'm
>    afraid that we might end up with a whole bunch of BladeEnc versions
>    that have been modified in one way or another.
>
> Perhaps this could be worked on?

Ohh... I didn't care to get that faar... Non-free'nes isn't that big a deal for
me... We (I) will always have the need for the ocasional program that isn't
100% free (like ssh/pgp/Applix etc, etc, and now this)...

--
-- Microsoft: Do less with more.   UNIX on Intel: Do more with less. --
 Turbo     __ _     Debian GNU     Unix _IS_ user friendly - it's just

--
terrorist $400 million in gold bullion smuggle AK-47 Ortega
supercomputer Mossad Cocaine cryptographic Honduras SEAL Team 6