Re: Debian is not a "main distro"?

On Wed, Sep 30, 1998 at 09:44:32AM +0200, Ole Jørgen  Tetlie wrote:
> Taken from COLA:
>
> ----
> These are just a few.  The second thing I would like to bring up is that we
> are in the process of building tutorial on Linux Installation/Configuration
> for beginners.  We plan to cover the two main distros, Redhat and Slackware.
> (I like OpenLinux, but I want a specific enough selection so we can offer
> the kind of detail that is helpful for beginners.)
> ----

Last slashdot poll about "favourite distribution" gave the following
results:

1.- Red Hat (46%)
2.- Debian (20%)
3.- Slackware (16%)
4.- SuSe (7%)
5.- Caldera (1%)

(Total votes: 11473)

I guess the poster in COLA should check his numbers...

As a side note, I would like to know what does Slackware offers that
Debian doesn't...  perhaps we should try to "market" our distribution to
those old Slackware die-hards. Hey, I was one of those a long time ago. ;-)

--
Enrique Zanardi					   ezanardi@ull.es