Re: Where are sdoom and xdoom

Edward Betts wrote:
> I notice that sdoom and xdoom are no longer in non-free, they were in bo, does
> anyone have a copy of bo non-free or have they been lost forever?

There is now just the 'doom' package, which is X-only. The old svgalib
version was dropped because it was binary-only. The new doom is X-only, but
on the other hand, it's got source code, music support (via the
doom-musserver package), and some special hacks that weren't in the old doom
(like jumping and translucency). All in all, it seems like a fair tradeoff.

--
see shy jo