Re: Need new maintainer + AUTHOR for dosfsk and mkdosfs

Martin Schulze <joey@kuolema.Infodrom.North.DE> writes:

> [1  <text/plain; us-ascii (7bit)>]
> Hi,

> I still maintain the debian package dosfstools containing mkdosfs
> and dosfsck.  Both are improved versions of the upstream release
> which is unmaintained.  Both contain bugfixes.

> I don't use any of these programs.  Therefore I don't consider
> it very useful to be it's hacker (formerly known as upstream
> author).  Is here anybody who still uses DOS partitions and
> is willing to work on these tools?

Hmm, I have some improvements to mkdosfs:

   An option to make the partitions work with DOS 6.x/Win95

   An option to merge in boot code from a file. (I was trying to clone
   pre-CONVERTFS NT install partitions.)

I'll take them on, if nobody else wants them.  (If anyone has big
plans for these tools, they should take them.)

Steve
dunham@cps.msu.edu