Re: debian list summaries

On 15.12.1998., at 01:42, Martin Schulze wrote:

>From the current description of debian-devel-announce this list
>cannot be used for this.  If you really plan to read >100 mails
>per week and summarize them and post that summary we would need
>debian-devel-summary.
>I don't feel you should try to abuse that list.

IMHO it would be reasonable to use existing almost empty
list (about 60 msgs in last three months!) for this kind
of posts - there would be only four to eight of them in
one month. And it is an important announcement for
developers when there is a update for a package in
'stable', or when libc6 is broken - and not one message
about recent problem 'leeked' from -devel to devel-announce.

We don't have to (and I certainly don't want to) summarize
each and every little thread on -devel, just the obviously
important ones. Why would that be abuse?