Re: SSH v2 License --- much less free than v1

    David> "Use by individuals and non-profit organizations is always
    David> allowed.  Companies are permitted to use this program as
    David> long as it is not used for revenue-generating purposes. For
    David> example, an Internet service provider is allowed to install
    David> this program on their systems and permit clients to use SSH
    David> to connect; however, actively distributing SSH to clients
    David> for the purpose of providing added value requires separate
    David> licensing.  Similarly, a consultant may freely install this
    David> software on a client's machine for his own use, but if
    David> he/she sells the client a system that uses SSH as a
    David> component, a separate license is required. If a company
    David> includes this program or a derivative work thereof, as part
    David> of its product, commercial licensing is required."

This is a *lot* less restrictive than the new licence, which basicly
says if money's involved you need to arrange a commercial licence.
This at least allows me personal use within my workplace.

    David> Time for a free ssh.. this is a big thorn in our side:-/

Absolutely! At least under the v1 licence we can build a free ssh.

--
Stephen
---