tclx package in hamm? (online help in Emacs for tcl commands)

Hello,

I am an occasional tcl user (I need the book next to me to do any hacking)
and am wondering about why the `tclx' package is in `oldlibs' in hamm?

Is tclx being phased out?  Does it exist for tcl8.0?

The developper is different that for all othet tcl stuff.  I noticed the
following packages on my CD:

Deb package                           Maintainer
./devel/tcl7.6-dev_7.6p2-7.deb        David Engel <david@debian.org>
./devel/tcl8.0-dev_8.0p2-3.deb        David Engel <david@debian.org>
./libs/tcl7.6_7.6p2-7.deb             David Engel <david@debian.org>
./libs/tcl8.0_8.0p2-3.deb             David Engel <david@debian.org>
./oldlibs/tcl76-altdev_7.6p2-7.deb    David Engel <david@debian.org>
./oldlibs/tcl76_7.6p2-7.deb           David Engel <david@debian.org>
./oldlibs/tclx76-dev_7.6.0-3.deb      Philippe Troin <phil@fifi.org>
./oldlibs/tclx76_7.6.0-3.deb          Philippe Troin <phil@fifi.org>

My main use for that package is the online documentation.  Files like
/usr/lib/tclX/7.6.0/help/tcl/strings/subst that in this case document
the `strings subst' command.

There's a online help mechanisn in an Emacs mode called tcl.el that
will interface nicely with these files, providing help for the command
under point.

Thanks for any info,
--
Peter Galbraith, research scientist          <GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Maurice Lamontagne Institute, Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada