LCS Copyright et al'

The product in question is a standard, NOT a program.  If something is used to
validate a standard, it is part of the STANDARD.  In this case, DFSG covers
SOFTWARE, not standards.  So we've got to decide what to do with this
standard.  Another example of this is the HTML validators.  If we changed one
of those to recognize NETSCAPE and IE tags, it wouldn't be an HTML 4.0
validator, will it?

Standard validators CANNOT be modified, because doing so could potentially
change the standard.  Therefore they are above the DFSG (which really has no
jurisdiction in a standard anyway).

Jarrod