Re: Propersel for standerd configuration system.

After writing this I realized that I did not give any good reason for
while it is needed so here it is.

The Standard Configuration System solves the problem of the difficulty
in managing unix (and especially linux) machines forever.

Although there are many front end for configuring various parts of the
linux system they rarely control all of the little features of a
program.  And in some cases they make it even more difficult to use
features not support by the front end.

The Standard Configuration System (SCS) doesn't have this problem
because it will control every aspect of the configuration.  Unlike front
ends which are often time consuming to write all the SCS requires is the
a template file describe what is valid and for older programs a
translation utility that will convert it to and from the old fashion
configuration file.  In most cases this utility can very easily be
written with a simple perl script. (Some more tricky configurations like
bind will take a little more doing, However.)

However the SCS will (eventually) also support a basic language for
describing a front-end for configuring a particular subcatagory (see
below) there for also having the ease of use of a graphical front end.
(However I hope to design the SCS in a such a way that a front end will
rarely be needed).