Re: p3nfs (was Bug #21488: p3nfs linked against libc5)

On Tue, Jun 09, 1998 at 08:35:47PM +0100, Chris Reed wrote:
>As listed in The Hamm Bugs Stamp-Out List for 1998-06-08, p3nfs is still
>linked against libc5, and the maintainer,  cmchow@se.cuhk.edu.hk (Billy
>C.-M. Chow) cannot be contacted.
>
>I have looked on ftp.uni-elargen.de:/pub/psion3/local/utilities and found a
>glibc diff for version 5.3 (current version in hamm is 5.1).  I've
>downloaded this and with a one line patch it compiles, and I've had it
>working.

I did this several weeks ago and tried a upload into frozen/unstable.
It got rejected, since new versions aren't accepted...

>I would be willing to adopt the package with this new release, but I don't
>have a psion permanently; the one I'm using is on loan.

I just uploaded a (patched) psion 5.3 [patches from the author himself,
a really nice guy] yesterday into unstable.

>So, 4 choices:
>
>i) I do a NMU of the libc6 p3nfs.  If it doesn't work, I'd be willing to
>look into problems.
>
>ii) I become maintainer of p3nfs (what is the correct procedure here?), and
>then orphan the package when I lose access to a psion.  Or even continue
>maintaining it, with no idea whether my latest builds work...?

You can have the package from me, if you want.

David