p3nfs (was Bug #21488: p3nfs linked against libc5)

As listed in The Hamm Bugs Stamp-Out List for 1998-06-08, p3nfs is still
linked against libc5, and the maintainer,  cmchow@se.cuhk.edu.hk (Billy
C.-M. Chow) cannot be contacted.

I have looked on ftp.uni-elargen.de:/pub/psion3/local/utilities and found a
glibc diff for version 5.3 (current version in hamm is 5.1).  I've
downloaded this and with a one line patch it compiles, and I've had it
working.

I would be willing to adopt the package with this new release, but I don't
have a psion permanently; the one I'm using is on loan.

So, 4 choices:

i) I do a NMU of the libc6 p3nfs.  If it doesn't work, I'd be willing to
look into problems.

ii) I become maintainer of p3nfs (what is the correct procedure here?), and
then orphan the package when I lose access to a psion.  Or even continue
maintaining it, with no idea whether my latest builds work...?

iii) Someone else takes over p3nfs, starting with what I have at the moment.

iv) We drop p3nfs from frozen, as this is a major version change, and there
won't be a large number of people testing it.  I'd prefer not to do this,
though, as I for one use it.  And it's in bo.

Comments, suggestions?

 -- Christopher Reed, Selwyn College, Cambridge --
 E-Mail: cr212@cam.ac.uk  WWW: http://dura.sel.cam.ac.uk/ [~cr212/]
 r2 T1 cSEL dCS hEn/Chi A4 S+ C*$+++L/UdP W+++ y# a VTsj (Cantab) 1.0
OK, Meatloaf. Pulp. Same thing. Just different hair. - cr212