Re: Lynx-SSL

[Please retain the Cc: lalo@webcom.com]

On Sun, May 10, 1998 at 12:23:20PM -0300, Lalo Martins wrote:
> it comes without a copyright notice; when I found the author, turned out
> he's in US. I posted to debian-devel asking if it would be legal for him
> to snail-mail me the sources on paper [which he offered to do]; there
> wasn't a conclusive reply,

That's probably because noone on -devel is an expert on legal issues.
However, given that PGP was exported this way, and that other crypto source
code (e.g. in Bruce Schneier 's "Applied Cryptography" book) has been
exported from the US on paper, and that the export limitations on crypto
code are about code "in computer readable form", the chances of getting into
legal troubles as a result of exporting crypto code through printouts are
fairly low.

#include <Disclaimer/I'm not a lawyer; use your own judgment wrt this advice>

Ray
--
UNFAIR  Term applied to advantages enjoyed by other people which we tried
to cheat them out of and didn't manage. See also DISHONESTY, SNEAKY,