Re: Should wg15 be splitted?

Santiago Vila Doncel wrote:

> On Sun, 26 Jan 1997, Fabrizio Polacco wrote:
>
> > We could put all translated docs and messages of a package in a
> > separete package, maybe a -loc (like we have separete -dev ), when
> > it would be larger that 50 or 100 or 200 KB ?
> [...]
> you obtain a file which is about only 65 Kbytes long.
> For textutils, this file would be 91K bytes long (more or less).

I was just saying that as we have a policy that tells that when the
english documents in a package occupies more than X KB then these should
be packaged separately, we could add a similar policy for the
translations, not only to help english speaking people (some of them
always complain) but also to have this limit fixed definitely in the
policy.

Fabrizio
| fpolacco@icenet.fi  fpolacco@debian.org  fpolacco@megabaud.fi |
| fingerprint  70 1A 72 2D 2B C8 A5 63  7A C2 CC E0 2A 54 AE DA |
| finger for PGP key: fpolacco@master.debian.org                |