Debian development using the master account?

Dear all,

I want to know if we are allowed to do debian related development (eg
building debian packages) on master using our developper account?  If
yes, how do we get pgp sigs (pgp isn't installed on master)?

The reason I ask is that I used to have access to a networked PC
running debian on which I have been doing some work on debian
packages.  I now no longer have access to the PC.  To do debian stuff
on my own 486 via a 28.8 modem isn't that great because I have to pay
by the minute for my net access.

Suggestions?

--
Billy C.-M. Chow <cmchow@se.cuhk.edu.hk>