Re: mkdosfs on Linux-AXP

> Good day pholx!  I have received a bugreport that I can't reproduce
> nor fix.  It's a bug that only exist on Linux-AXP so I believe that
> the problem is based on 64bit vs. 32bit.

1. Check for assignments from pointer to integer and vice versa.
2. Check for data access thru pointers: That was a major point while
   porting to m68k. (eg a syscall is returning an *int put your code
   uses a *char to access it: will only work on little endian systems)

I recommend using the following GCC options:

  -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wshadow \
  -Wpointer-arith -Wbad-function-cast -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align \
  -Wwrite-strings -Waggregate-return -Wmissing-declarations \
  -Wnested-externs

But be warned: with typical Linux sources this will result in a huge
heap of warnings!

Additionally you might want to use LCLINT to check the source, but
that will result in even more warnings.  Be sure to read its
documentation before using it: You will to need use a lot of switches
to get it to accept GCC-enhanced code (as is present in almost any
Linux header).

Yours,
  Dominik Kubla