cube2 and cube2-data ready for tests

Hi,

I worked on the sauerbraten package, removed everything specific to the
sauerbraten game like icons, menu or desktop files and renamed it to
cube2. It is now very similar to redeclipse or the ioquake3 package.

https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-games/2014/02/msg00052.html

Based on Paul's proposal I also updated sauerbraten-wake6 and renamed it
to cube2-data. The new source package consists of

- the wake6 map
- core textures and icons from the Bananabread game

It was actually possible to create a working demo package with 2 MB of
core and map textures. The basic game play works, you can jump around,
fire shots, look around etc. Currently the new -data package does not
provide any player models, sounds, music or additional maps or textures
from Bananabread.

You can download the new source packages from mentors for testing
purposes. They are not finished yet but very usable. Feedback is much
appreciated:

http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/c/cube2/cube2_0.0.20130203.dfsg2-1.dsc

http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/c/cube2-data/cube2-data_1.0-1.dsc

The game can be launched with:

cube2

or you can start wake6 directly with

cube2 -lwake6

In-game you can also press "t" and type "/map wake6" to play wake6.

Obviously the cube2-data package is not a full replacement for
sauerbraten but a functional demonstration of the capabilities of the
cube2 engine.

I see the following possibilities:

1. Polish cube2-data a little but it's main use case should be a "demo"
package.

2. Update cube2-data and include all game data from Bananabread into
cube2-data. On first glance it still wouldn't be the same as sauerbraten
but we got one model, sounds, more free maps and textures. Round about
200 MB extra files.

3. Create a separate bananabread source package in addition to cube2-data.

4. Create a standalone bananabread package that allows users to play the
game in web browsers like Iceweasel 24.

Check out this very impressive demo:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/demos/detail/bananabread

Works fine with Iceweasel 24

At the moment I think option 4 is interesting but rather optional and
perhaps I would go for 3 in the future. I think upgrading
sauerbraten-wake6 to the cube2-data demo package is the quickest way to
get the cube2 engine into main.

Cube2
=====

I unbundled the embedded enet library and enabled all hardening build
flags. More testing is needed but I assume it should work in multiplayer
mode since redeclipse is already doing the same. The preliminary changelog:

* Add myself to Uploaders.
* Rename source and binary packages of sauerbraten to cube2 and move the
  package to the main section of the Debian archive because it fully
  complies with the DFSG. A new -data package for demonstration
  purposes, with core textures and a playable map, wake6, will be
  provided by the separate source package cube2-data. Hence the engine
  is functional and can be shipped in main. (Closes: #458800)
* Repack source package and unbundle the embedded enet library. Build
  against the shared system library instead.
* debian/rules:
    - Build with dh's --parallel option and remove remaining Makefile
      code for parallel jobs to avoid a race condition.
      (Closes: #736383)
    - Pass all dpkg-buildflags to upstream's build system.
    - Enable all hardening build flags.
    - Remove override targets for dh_installdocs and dh_auto_clean.
* debian/control:
    - cube2: recommends cube2-data.
    - cube2-server: suggest cube2-data.
    - Update package descriptions due to the renaming.
    - Change VCS links to new cube2 git repository.
* Add a watch file.
* Drop README.source because source format 3.0 uses quilt by default.
* Rename sauer_client and sauer_server to cube2_client and
  cube2_server.
* Move icons, man pages, desktop and menu files to the new
  sauerbraten source package.
* Use compat level 9 and require debhelper >= 9.
* Drop NEWS.Debian because it contains only obsolete news.
* debian/patches:
  - Drop 10-fix-clean-target.diff. The embedded version of enet has
    been removed hence a fix is not needed anymore.
  - Rename .diff file extensions to .patch.
  - New patches:
    + add-LDFLAGS.patch: Add LDFLAGS to upstream's Makefile for
      hardening.
    + use-system-enet.patch: Link against Debian's shared system enet
      library.

Regards,

Markus