Re: [UPLOADED] Re: RFS: Adopted Package: pathogen

Bas Wijnen wrote:
Hi,

I uploaded pathogen.  Thanks.

Rock on, thanks.

<snip>
I'm not quite sure what "compatible" license it is..

Compatible?  With what?  That's a word usually used with GPL licensed
stuff.  There isn't anything GPL in there, right?

Well I guess I was looking at stuff like "BSD-like" and such. I've just put it as "other" for now with the text of the license.

<snip>
As I wrote, I think this is a very good package to use the
machine-readable format, to make sure that it is clear which message
belongs to which files.

You need to add license information for your packaging work; if you
choose to use the same license as the package, it's different from the
rest of the packaging, which is only assumed to be under the same
license.  I'd use something like this:

<snip>
I'm not sure if this is the proper way to add different licenses to the
same files, but it seems good to me.  You may want to check the wiki if
it says anything about this.

Thanks,
No, THANK YOU. :)

No, I insist; thank _you_. ;-)

Bas

OK, another version of xlife is up on mentors for your kind review..

Thanks again,

Barry deFreese