Re: Possible Transition from SVN to Git?

Joey Hess wrote:
> And to check out all repos:
>
> mr -c /path/to/.mrconfig checkout
>
> To update all repos / the repo your cd'd to:
>
> mr -c /path/to/.mrconfig update
>
> To commit changes to all repos / the repo your cd'd to:
>
> mr -c /path/to/.mrconfig commit

  Neat.

>> Joey, would you consider joining the Team if we decided to use git?
>> What changes in the repository would you suggest to be comfortable
>> with? I must say that I personally wouldn't like to have the package
>> source out of debian/ in the repositories to be honest, but apart from
>> that?
>
> I'm very attached to having the upstream source in revision control,
> especially since as more upstreams use git, you get the possibility to
> have the very nice setup that the X strike force has where their git
> is just a branch off of upstream's.

  As Miriam, I also prefer no upstream sources in SVN. But upstream
sources in the repository could be the policy for git - or would that be
too confusing ?

  In any case, developers will use two rather different set of tools to
work either with SVN or git, so not having the exact same policy there
should not matter too much, as long as common practices (I'm thinking
about debian/{changelog,control}) are kept consistent across VCS boundaries.

  Cheers,

	Vincent

--
Vincent Fourmond, Debian Developer