Re: Possible Transition from SVN to Git?

Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
>  The thing is, you didn't really point out any advantages - in the
> original mail. If you claim that it has /many/ advantages it would be
> pretty wise to note them.

The entire free software world is awash in git adovcacy at the moment,
why do we need to post more of it to this list? Surely people can go
reachear git and make up their own minds without a list of pros and cons
posted to this list?

>  A rename in fact /is/ a move. And doing it with whatever tool you like
> you are going to loose history. Even in git. git isn't much different
> here, it doesn't have magic to recognize that you haven't deleted the
> old file and added the new

Yes it does; git tracks file contents, not filenames.

--
see shy jo