Re: Best practices for changelogs

This was discussed some time ago on debian-mentors.
http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2007/07/msg00249.html

I think the general consensus was to increment the package version
after each change. The archive administrators don't particularly care
for which version is the final version uploaded, and it makes it
easier for sponsors to see what changes were made.