Re: Best practices for changelogs

I'm not an experienced packager, but this is my opinion:

Because the changelog will be read by users, I think it is friendlier
to avoid skipping versions. It's also implied that packages on
mentors.debian.net are volatile release candidates that may be revised
before upload, so there shouldn't be any confusion about versions.
mentors.debian.net shows an upload timestamp on a package's summary,
and reviewers can use that to keep track of revisions instead.