Re: intent to package troll-ftpd 1.24

On Fri, Oct 29, 1999 at 03:23:02PM +0200, J.H.M. Dassen Ray" wrote:
> "Use, modification and distribution is allowed without limitation,
> warranty, or liability of any kind."

Well, you don't get much freer than that.  In fact, that sounds damn close
to public domain.

> > Troll Tech is very good at coming up with licenses that cause nothing but
> > pain and suffering in the free software community.  I think they consider
> > it a sport...
>
> I've only see them do so in the case of their flagship, Qt. leafnode,
> troll-ftpd and presumably tmake as well are under non-problematic free
> licenses.

I will have to revise my opinion of them, then.  This is very good news.  I
continue to not understand why they can't just dual-license Qt.  Everybody
they want to pull revenue from wouldn't be using the GPL'ed version,
anyway.  Unless, I guess, they want to put a tax on people using Cygwin for
Win32 development...

--
G. Branden Robinson              |     We either learn from history or,
Debian GNU/Linux                 |     uh, well, something bad will happen.