Re: missing Libs quite annoying

  [ this should perhaps be moved to debian-user? ]

  I also see some of these problems, and I haven't done anything strange except
tracking unstable.  I haven't worried about it much, but it would be nice to
fix dangling symlinks before release.

On Wed, Oct 27, 1999 at 10:26:29AM +0200, Petr Cech was heard to say:
> On Tue, Oct 26, 1999 at 10:08:49PM -0700 , Jonathan Walther wrote:
> > ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/lib/libgmp2.so (No such file or
> > directory), skipping

  This file is in libgmp2.  It points at libgmp2.so.2.0.2, which does not
exist.  However, /usr/lib/libgmp.so.2.0.2 does exist and is also in the package
libgmp2, with /usr/lib/libgmp.so pointing at it.  (I have no other gmp packages
installed)

> > ldconfig: warning: can't open /lib/libNoVersion.so.1 (No such file or
> > directory), skipping
>
> where did this come from? Isn't is also parto of osslinux?

  I don't have a clue what osslinux is, so I suspect that I couldn't have
accidentally installed something from it.  dlocate claims that this file doesn't
even exist :-/
  I think at one point it was discovered to be related to libc, but I'm not
sure.

> libgmp2.so - you propably have older gpm2-dev (or libgmp2-dev) package than
> corresponding gmp2 (libgmp2) package. Upgrade.

  I don't have a -dev package at all.  I hope that libgmp2 isn't supposed to
depend on libgmp2-dev.

  Daniel

--
  Wisdom is one of the few things that looks bigger the farther away it is.

  -- Terry Pratchett