Re: missing Libs quite annoying

On Tue, Oct 26, 1999 at 10:08:49PM -0700 , Jonathan Walther wrote:
> ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/lib/libgmp2.so (No such file or
> directory), skipping

> ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/lib/libOSSlib.so (No such file or
> directory), skipping

this is not part of Debian, it's from osslinux.

> ldconfig: warning: can't open /lib/libNoVersion.so.1 (No such file or
> directory), skipping

where did this come from? Isn't is also parto of osslinux?

> Every frikken time I install a package....  I get spammed with this.  I'm
> sure it looks really alarming to a newbie.  "Omigod, I'm missing a library,
> maybe things will crash mysteriously!!!".
>
> People, what is causing this?  How can I fix it for myself?  I want to

the libOSSlib fix should be easy. Just point the symlink to the correct
libOSSlib.so.x.x.x

libgmp2.so - you propably have older gpm2-dev (or libgmp2-dev) package than
corresponding gmp2 (libgmp2) package. Upgrade.

				Petr Čech
--
Debian GNU/Linux maintainer - www.debian.{org,cz}
           cech@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz