Re: CAD program varkon

Hi!

> On Tue, Jul 27, 1999 at 09:04:16PM +0200, Peter Bartosch wrote:
> > hello
> >
> > did anybody package this CAD (or another) program
> >
> > Varkon is GPL´ed (licence changed from commercial)
> >
> > webside: http://www.varkon.com
> >

> > would be nice to have this?!
>
> I have downloaded and used Varkon before. Actually, Varkon is not
> GPL'ed. They do have a free linux binary. It comes with a shareware
> type license.

hmm, than there was a misleading information in a linux-magazine here in
germany - they introduced "linuxcad" an "autocad" clone for linux and
wrote in their article, that varkon is _now_ GPLed

>		There is a new project called GCAD (Gnome CAD) that
> uses *some* of the Varkon source. Varkon engineers are part of the
> development team. GCAD is at an early stage of development, and yes it
> is GPLed. If there is some interest, I could look into packaging
> varkon. GCAD has a ways to go, but is potentially the most exciting of
> the free CAD programs under development for linux.

is it usable? i´m searching for an CAD-program for an project, i know
autocad, but i never ever want to see any M$-soft on my PC at home ;-O

until next mail B-)

Peter
--
   :          student of technical computer science           :