Way to find out what's providing a virtual package

Is there some (easy) way to figure out what package is providing a
particular virtual or obsolete package?  I can do it with dpkg-awk,
but is there a more "dpkg-friendly" way?

Example: dpkg-awk 'Provides:c-shell' -- Package Version

Chris
|        Chris Lawrence       |  You have a computer.  Do you have Linux?   |
|   <quango@watervalley.net>  |    http://www.linux-m68k.org/index.html     |
|   Grad Student, Pol. Sci.   |        Visit the Amiga Web Directory        |
|  University of Mississippi  |       http://www.cucug.org/amiga.html       |