Re: netscape crashes on potato

Greg Stark proclaimed:
> Actually, would it be possible to bug the netscape maintainer into releasing
> libc5 packages? That might solve a lot of problems since the libc5 version
> isn't actually beta...

Actually, the glibc2 is more stable (despite being listed under the
'unsupported' directory in the FTP server) than the libc5 version.  Most of
us internally use the glibc2 version.

Let me just say that the browser developers have experienced the
'Communicator giving up the ghost frequently under glibc2.1' too.  No idea
when / whether it will be fixed because the key developers are busy working
on Mozilla.

S.
--
"Foul temptress!  I'll bet she thinks Ziggy's gotten too preachy too!"
                     -- Homer J. Simpson