Re: Interactive installation [was Re: Caldera installation...]

Brederlow <goswin.brederlow@student.uni-tuebingen.de> writes:
>dpkg-question question-ID level default --type parameters
>
>dpkg-question knows several types of questions like yes/no, multiple
>choise,... Also it can decide not to ask the user when the level is to
>high or allways look into a database first and so on.

I think the "question-ID" should be the actual question text, for at
least two reasons:

 - If you try to use a number, then you will have a lot of trouble
   trying to manage numbers - keeping them unique, and maintaining the
   correspondence with the question text.

 - Using the question text will make it easy to internationalize using
   gettext.

I suggest you look at the gettext documentation, in support of both
points.

			- Jim Van Zandt