Re: Device detection? [Summary]

On Mon, Mar 15, 1999 at 01:31:23PM -0500, Jonathan P Tomer wrote:
> and let's not forget those pesky ethernet cards... they do exist in pci
> but for some odd reason are vastly more expensive. i have no idea why
> this is the case, but it is and so many people (well ok, me ;) go for
> isa.

If I have my choice between a twenty dollar ISA card and a twenty-five
dollar PCI card, the five bucks aren't going to keep me from going with
the latter. I've actually seen machines slow down noticeably under
network load using ISA cards, then magically run ok with a PCI ne2k
card. YMMV, but IMHO ISA's a dead-end.

Mike Stone