Re: PROPOSAL: "Staging Areas"

> And that there doesn't seem to be anywhere for single-package staging to
> be done.

Yes, there is - experimental.

As I see it, these "super unstable"[1] distributions are a place where
maintainers can try to stabilize a large group of packages at once.
Probably that doesn't mean the entire distribution, so this isn't a
good solution for glibc 2.1.

I don't think it's a problem for the archive maintainers to create
them as needed as I don't think there will be more than 2 or 3 of
these.  If there are going to be more than that, than this probably
isn't a good idea.

[1]  Hmm, less stable than unstable.  Unusable? :)

Guy