Re: is GNOME the future default desktop?

Sven LUTHER <luther@maxime.u-strasbg.fr> writes:

> And remember "default" doesn't mean "only" ...
>
> It would be best for debian to choose Gnome as default, while permiting
> users to choose KDE if they whish so, ...

This discussion is only relevent as a discussion for what should go
into "boot-floppies".  We already provide several "sets" of packages
that people can install, so we could provide a Gnome set as well as a
KDE set (and whatever else).  There's no reason to declare one as the
"default" - we'd just be arguing over which one is going to appear
first in the list.  Maybe we should just order them alphabetically?

Cheers,

 - Jim