This matters why? (Was: Orcas are homosexual!)

On Wed, Feb 24, 1999 at 03:02:06PM -0800, Jonathan Walther wrote:
> > btw, incest and homosexuality are hardly in the same class. incest is
> > the rape of a child by an adult who is supposed to be looking out for
> > their welfare. homosexuality is a private matter between two or more
> > consenting adults.
>
> 3 month old Orca males were observed initiating sex with their mothers.
> Rape?  Indeed.  Then there were observed homosexual threesomes among 2
> juveniles and a much older Orca.  *cough*.

To ask the obvious question, WTH does it matter if Orcas are bisexual or
not?  I certainly didn't know this wonderful bit of trivia before now,
nor did I much care to know, though the next time I go to a party and
someone mentions whales I'll have to be sure to mention it as I know
everyone is just dying to know...

Not only is it completely irrelivant, but it sure looks like pretty
obvious flame bait to me.

--
"Do you think she's the sincere type? ... Yeah, I was afraid of that."
                        -- Richie Ryan, Highlander: The Series