Re: PROPOSAL: "Staging Areas"

Hi.

This is a good idea, but I have yet another idea:

dists/stable
dists/unstable
dists/experimental

i.e. move experimental above unstable and use it as the "staging area".

Since apt is now widely used (and even if it were not), I don't think
experimental needs the "symlink farm" unstable has. Everything would work
smoothly if dinstall is modified so that any upload is allowed to
experimental as long as the same package does already exist in unstable
(this way, this would not require manual intervention from the ftp
maintainers when a new package is uploaded to experimental).

Thanks.

--
 "45809af20295806acd140b57571dc1e0" (a truly random sig)