Re: libpam, cracklib, and slink (was Re: Release-critical...)

On Tue, Jan 19, 1999 at 22:38:15 -0800, Chris Waters wrote:
> At the moment, everyone who installs ppp-pam (like me) will be forced to
> install cracklib, and suffer with daily emails to root.  We need to fix
> libpam0g.  Unfortunately, the maintainer seems to be inactive, and we're
> dependent on NMUs.  (Ray, that's you!)

*grumble, grumble* There's nothing special about me as a NM.

> I think that there should be a release critical bug here, but I think it
> should be #30862:  libpam0g depends on cracklib2.

Yup. I've looked at it again, and the dependency is superflous. (I modified
PAM to link it's .so's to all the libraries they need, and -lcracklib
slipped in there because I originally looked at enabling cracklib support).

I'm now preparing an upload that'll mark PAM as orphaned.

Ray
--
Obsig: developing a new sig