Re: Intent to package: daemontools (and cdb)

On Mon, Jan 18, 1999 at 09:34:43PM +1300, Carey Evans wrote:
> According to the README in the CDB archive, the CDB C source is public
> domain, so if you strip out the docs, etc. you could put it in main.

	Yes. But as that doesn't cover even the manpages,
	or pedantically even the Makefile, I don't think
	that's useful.

	It's more of a "if you want to use this in your
	own programs, go right ahead".

> Also, Exim uses a GPL'ed CDB.  From spec.txt.gz:
>
>  .  Support for the cdb (Constant DataBase) lookup method is
>  provided by code contributed by Nigel Metheringham of Planet Online
>  Ltd. which contains the following statements:

	I'll search for that. Thank you for the hint.
--
foo | +358505486010 | tv-nospam-sig-1@hq.yok.utu.fi | mknod /dev/trash c 1 3