Unidentified subject!

> On Fri, Jan 15, 1999 at 10:47:20PM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> > However, it is not easy to set up.  It requires config file editing for most
> > anything.  I have no doubt that one day, it will have nice beginner modes
> > and config menus like Elm, but until then, I don't think it's appropriate to
> > switch.  However, it's not a big deal for me, but I think it is for newbies.
> Even in its default state, mutt is still quite usable.  Besides (from what
> I can remeber) elm also requires a bit of conf file editting to do some serious
> customization.

Serious customization?  If users want to "seriously" customize, they'll know enough, to install whichever mail program they prefer.
Personally, I'd rather not have a standard, and instead let users decide.

Actually, it's only the shown e-mail address that I've had to configure.  Couldn't somebody here write a simple config wrapper, for
the first time you use mutt?  That is, it'd check if ~/.muttrc exists, and if it doesn't it'd ask you a few questions the first
time you run it?

Mutt isn't very suitable for newbies, though.  Pine is simpler to use, but it's a pity about the license.  How about something like
Balsa as a standard mail program?