Re: make mutt the `standard' mail reader

In article <cistron.19990115163229.C1050@complete.org>,
John Goerzen  <jgoerzen@complete.org> wrote:
>On Fri, Jan 15, 1999 at 05:28:31PM -0500, Chip Salzenberg wrote:
>
>> According to Joseph Carter:
>> > mutt is NOT a user friendly MUA to configure at this time.
>>
>> It's at least as friendly as (and far more useful than) elm.
>
>Standard elm, perhaps.  Ours, no.  Our elm has config menus, a "beginner"
>mode, etc.  Quite easy to pick up.

On the other hand, ELM is the only newsreader that doesn't support
maildir. There are patches for pine, and mutt supports it out-of-the-box.
That means our users will not be able to use ELM anymore in a few weeks
when I have the migration to maildir done. Tough :)

Mike.
--
Indifference will certainly be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?