Re: Release notes for slink

Edward Betts <edward@hairnet.demon.co.uk> writes:

               -         -    snip      -    -

> How about upgrading bo-slink or rex-slink, can it be done? Do we still need
> the old autoup.sh?

               -         -    snip      -    -

     Both autoup.sh and cd_autoup.sh will upgrade bo, rex or buzz to a libc6
system.  A buzz system must have dpkg upgraded to the bo version first,
since the buzz version didn't understand epochs.

     We still need autoup.sh and cd_autoup.sh, and will for the
foreseeable future, because many old systems are still in use as
production systems.  Less than two months ago I had an inquiry about
upgrading a rex system.

     cd_autoup.sh will appear on the slink CD.  Since the some of the
packages that are required for the update have disappeared, the
required .debs will be included in the upgrade directory of the CD.

Bob
--
   _
  |_)  _  |_       Robert D. Hilliard    <hilliard@flinet.com>