Re: Debian menu system update

On Fri, May 30, 2003 at 01:29:57PM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> > I saw all that, but none of that constitutes contacting the menu maintainer!
>
> If our menu maintainer hasn't watched debian-devel (or more prominently,
> read DWN) for the last 10 months, then something is seriously wrong.

The (simple) responsibility of developers to contact other developers
whose packages they want to touch far outweighs the (harder) responsibility
of developers to track general discussion and/or news forums. This is
a de facto axiom of how Debian functions and no amount of
this-cause-is-noble-and-worthy handwaving can put it aside.

> > > I thought there was a consensus that the menu system needed to be
> > > replaced.
> >
> > Nice thinking.
>
> Thanks!

Heh.