Re: Debian menu system update

On Wed, May 28, 2003 at 07:20:11PM -0500, Chris Cheney wrote:
> Is the Debian menu system going to convert to using the freedesktop
> menu spec?
>
> http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/menu/draft/menu-spec/menu-spec.html
>
> As far as I know both Gnome and KDE follow it and possibly others.

I have read this standard again and again and I have trouble to
see how far it is relevant to the Debian menu system:
You can generate .desktop from menu file using a menu-method (already
donee).
The .menu file needed for Debian need not to be autogenerated.

What more do you want the Debian menu system to do ?

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.