Re: Maintaining kernel source in sarge

Guido Guenther <agx@debian.org> wrote:

> This only works if we have a _clean_ kernel-source-2.X.Y package. One of
> the reasons why maintaining kernel-patch-2.X.Y-<arch> packages is such a
> pain is the asymmetry between i386 and other arches - almost every time
> a new kernel-source package is uploaded the kernel-patch-2.X.Y-mips
> package has to be rediffed. So the first and maybe most important step

I can understand your pain.  However, most of the changes made to the
kernel-source are not i386-specific.  In fact, if they were, they would
not be causing these patch conflicts that you're seeing.

So essentially throwing them out means that your architecture will miss
out on all bug fixes.  If this turns out to be what most of you want, then
that's fine and I will do just that.