Re: Daft Internet Stuff [Re: Returning from "vacation". (MIA?)]

Emile van Bergen wrote:
> However, I fail to understand why you want people to refrain from
> bringing the netiquette under the attention of the people they are
> receiving email from.

Never said they should refrain. I do think that it's a waste of time though.

> IOW, if everybody just tries to accomodate some reasonable wishes as
> stated by the other party as far as is possible without effort (and
> including a text/plain part is no effort, not forwarding virus hoaxes is
> no effort, but proving to a robot that you are not *is*), there is no
> need to drop any netiquette rules.

You don't need to drop any rules that you are happy with and comply with
yourself. Just don't expect anyone else to do so.

> In short, I still fail to see your point.

I don't like school boy rules and I thought I'd tell everyone. The
netiquette stuff (and others) are a pretty exclusive policy as there are
such a myriad of rules that can be broken that its use is more to make the
other party look stupid compared to the technical knowledge of their
accuser.

Matt.