Re: Returning from "vacation". (MIA?)

On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 07:05:38PM -0500, Clay Crouch wrote:

> And please don't be offended by the .sig.

That .sig is problematic beyond just its content; it is 12 lines long and
adds almost 1kb to each of your messages (probably longer than the contents
of many messages).  Refer to RFC 1855 or any other netiquette document for
further information.

> Procmail is a godsend, dealing with anywhere between 25 to 100 spams a day
> on three of my email addresses. I will see anything on debian-devel and on
> debian-private, but if anyone sends me private mail, please follow the
> directions below....

This approach tends to cause a lot of headaches for people who legitimately
want to contact you; I do not recommend it.  Try bogofilter, spamassassin
and the like instead.  I receive over 100 spam emails per day, and less than
5% make it past bogofilter, with zero false positives so far.

--
 - mdz