Re: Do not touch l10n files

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 01:47:37PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 03:40:57PM +0200, Denis Barbier wrote:
> > >
> > > Now, preferred, in English, means "more desirable than another" not "we must
> > > use this at all costs". So, again. We have said we don't like the layout and
> > > would *prefer* that the translators change it.
> >
> > Following your definition of "prefer", you ask us to change it, but will
> > accomodate otherwise.  This is fine with me, let's see what the translator
> > will decide.
>
> It's the package maintainer's preference that controls, unless he is
> overruled.  The procedures for overruling a maintainer's decision are
> described in the Constitution.

I guess that the translator (CCed) will prefer an ugly looking description
than getting in such war, which already took too much useful energy from
useful work. I mean, I still think that forcing the way stuff is translated
is not very wise from maintainers, but I naturally admit that when
translators and maintainers cannot find an agreement, the maintainer have to
be right.

Sigh, Mt.

--
If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.
          -- Albert Einstein