Re: Do not touch l10n files (was Re: DDTP issue)

Hi,

On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 05:56:08PM +0200, Bill Allombert wrote:
> Bonjour,
>
> I am french and I don't regard the 'Imprimerie Nationale' rules as binding.
> We are still a free country.
>
> Do we have such standard document for the original english description ?
> No, and there is no dedicated team to review them.
>
> I think we should focus on provided accurate description not
> typographically correct one. Keeping things simple so that
> Debian maintainers can understand what is coming along with the
> translation is important, because they have the final responsibility
> of the package.
>
> Telling them 'you do not speak french, so don't try to understand' is
> not acceptable. I do speak french and I have often trouble to understand
> myself.
>
> If you have a problem with the original translation, please ask the
> maintainer before doing the translation. We should work with him and
> not against him.

You're probably right, those useless l10n teams are annoying. Anyway,
translating is easy: let's ask google to translate our texts for us. It
does not always very high quality results, but who cares if the
typography and the grammar are not perfect? Anyone is able to
understand, isn't it?

> Amicalement,

For those who don't understand french, that means "Friendly," and I
think you're not very friendly with Denis...

Regards,

Nicolas