Re: security in testing

On Thu, 15 May 2003 01:53:41 +0200, Björn Stenberg <bjorn@haxx.se> said:

> Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> Testing is a release tool. Not a distribution for random end users
>> to run.

> That is rather different from what is written on the web site:

> "For basic, user-oriented information about the testing
> distribution, please see the Debian FAQ." (/devel/testing)

> "testing The main advantage of using this distribution is that it
> has more recent versions of software, and the main disadvantage is
> that it's not completely tested and has no official support from
> Debian security team." (/releases/)

> Nowehere does it say it's just a release tool, unsuitable for public
> consumption.

	Pardon me. I was imposing a value judgment:  not completely
 tested and has no official support from Debian security team
 qualifies as not for public consumption in my eyes, but fo course
 there are braver souls than I out there.

	manoj
--
"If you can write a nation's stories, you needn't worry about who
makes its laws.  Today, television tells most of the stories to most