Re: security in testing

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 01:06:20PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:

> On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 11:12:08AM -0400, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > >   If it just comes down to applying patches, and doing the rebuilds then
> > >   it seems to be the kind of job a small team could manage; unless I'm
> > >   missing something?
> > So far nobody has lifted a finger as far as I know, though many people talk
> > about how critically important it is (cough).
>
> When the new security system and buildd setup was designed and
> implemented, it was specifically setup to work for testing updates as well
> as stable, which counts as "lifting a finger" as far as I'm concerned...
> Since then, of course...

Of course, I certainly would not criticize the valuable efforts that went
into building this system.  I meant to refer specifically and exclusively to
the recurring discussions about how there "ought to be" security updates for
testing, and how these hypothetical updates should be organized.

--
 - mdz