Re: Debian MIA check

Greetings James,

I note that Yasuhiro Take (take@debian.org) is not listed in your
missive. He is maintainer for the Defoma package which has a large
number of bug reports some of which have apparently been corrected
by NMU's but not closed. There is a recent critical bug (#181749, 82
days old) which the submitter has proposed a correction.

As a result of the lack of action on Mr. Take's part regarding these
outstanding bug reports, the Defoma package has been listed as
orphaned (#180188) before the critical bug (#181749) was submitted.
I am attempting to step up to the plate, and I am experiencing a
high level of difficulties unravelling the many instructions for
becominig a maintainer as well as groking the source code (perl with
a bash or sh script against which bug #181749 has been filed).

Perhaps you could include Mr. Take in your attempt to clarify
package maintainer status.

Cheerio! fgd. kl7fhx

On Tue, 13 May 2003 14:41:49 +0100
James Troup <james@nocrew.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On the 12th March I sent out a maintainer ping to 191 possibly
> inactive Debian developers.  The list of developers was generated
> by looking first at all maintainers who didn't have a source
> package signed by (one of) their key(s) in unstable and then
> excluding from that anyone who had been seen (with a signed
> message) by echelon in the last 6 months.
snip

> - --
> James

snip
--
Fielder George Dowding, Chief Iceworm
dba Iceworm Enterprises, Anchorage, Alaska