Re: [debian-devel] new locale: de-utf?

>--[Matt Zimmerman]--<mdz@debian.org>
> On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 11:41:55AM +0200, Denis Barbier wrote:

> > > Olaf sent me two de.po files --- one in UTF8, and one in 8859-15.
> > > What are the tradeoffs between using one charset versus the other?
> > None, the translator uses its preferred one, and gettext converts them
> > if necessary.  You should ask him to send only one file, called de.po
> > whichever encoding is used.
> Since this thread seems to have gotten the attention of folks who would
> know, could someone tell me how to deal with #180823?

I don't know. The bug is the reason why I'm using apt-listchange 1.24, even
though it creates broken emails. I don't use gettext in mICQ, so I don't
know too much about it, but there must be a way to check what encoding the
returned string is in. I also have 0 knowledge about python...

--
         100 DM =  51  € 13 ¢.
         100  € = 195 DM 58 pf.